There’s special meaning behind a student’s tattoo

Many students at Pattonville have began expressing themselves with tattoos to symbolize an important moment, event, or person. Tattoos can come with a variety of meanings and with being so young, there’s curiosity with what people get as far as tattoos.

Junior Madi Pearia got angel wings tattooed on her back in freshman year during spring break.

“Angel wings represent the idea that your guardian angel has your back, and the numbers that go along with it are the sports numbers of two of my friends who have died.”

The number 12 represents Matthew Keller and the 17 represents Paris Price.

This touching moment is a part of the reason that people get tattoos in order to remember someone who has passed.

At such a young age, and with a life-long commitment of getting a permanent marking on their body, some parents will disapprove of getting a tattoo so young. Pearia’s mom however went with her to a tattoo parlor to be able to sign the papers and allow her to get a tattoo.

Some students like Jenna Herman didn’t really have a reason for getting a tattoo and being 18, she just went and got one.

“Honestly, I just wanted a tattoo, and I really liked flowers, so I just got one.”

Even if there’s no particular meaning behind a tattoo, students are encouraged to research tattoo parlors and safety procedures before expressing their individuality through getting a tattoo.