Super commercials aired during Super Bowl

One of the many great things about the Super Bowl is not just the game, but its commercials. Companies this year paid up to $4 million this year to have their commercial aired, according to International Business Times’ website.

Some people like junior Sierra Brown mainly watch for the commercials.

“I don’t watch the entire game usually, but I check in often. I watch the commercials mostly.”

Brown said she watches the commercials primarily because “they are funny and amusing, and some of them are cute; like the Budweiser one … I think it’s Budweiser, with the horse and the golden retriever puppy?”

In case you missed some of the commercials, here is a recap with sophomore Ben Williams on two of them:

The two pistachios commercials: The first pistachio commercial was Stephen Colbert in a green suit saying that in the next 30 seconds pistachio sales need to skyrocket. Two commercials passed and then the man comes back on in a different commercial wearing a lot more green. He says that sales have not skyrocketed so he shows off all the pistachios around him and finally cracks his own head open revealing a pistachio inside his head.

Williams said he liked this commercial because it made him laugh.

“I didn’t expect the man to crack his head open so that it revealed a pistachio,” Williams said.

Doritos: A boy convinces a man with a bag of Doritos to get into his cardboard box time machine. The boy says you need to put the bag of Doritos through the slot to power the machine. The boy shakes the box with his foot and the man thinks it’s the most amazing thing ever. An old man wearing the same clothes as the kid kicks the kid off his lawn and the man walks out of the box thinking that the boy has aged and he hugs the old man.

Williams said he liked it because of “how the guy reacted, and how the boy got away with taking the Doritos.”