Post-Baldrick’s: She might get weird looks, but Solorio knows “it was worth it”

Sophomore Nathalie Solorio getting her hair buzzed off at the St. Baldrick's event for childhood cancer research
Sophomore Nathalie Solorio getting her hair buzzed off at the St. Baldrick’s event for childhood cancer research

On Saturday, March 15,  students and teachers at Pattonville High School joined together in support of childhood cancer and took part in the district-wide St. Baldrick’s event where more than 300 people took the stage to shave or donate excessive lengths of their hair to show their support.

To date online, the Pattonville School District has raised $87,199.24 for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation. The money collected on the day of the event is still in the process of being calculated.

Many students, teachers, and even superintendent Dr. Mike Fulton, are showcasing their heads to the skies in support of St. Baldrick’s, which can cause some people to do a double take when seeing these people with all of their hair cut off.

Sophomore Nathalie Solorio was a member of the high school team and raised one of the highest amounts of money for St. Baldrick’s, raising almost $2,000 on her own. She took the ‘bald step’ and had her head completely shaved.

“I know it was worth it, even though sometimes I go to reach for it and forget it’s not there,” she said. “I went shopping at the mall with my mom and got a lot of weird looks, but I know it was worth it.”

View the entire gallery of photos from the St. Baldrick’s event here: