FACS, FEA sell Glow Candles as part of yearly fundraiser

A department and a club are selling different kinds of candles as a fundraiser to help pay for certain expenses throughout the year.

The Family and Consumer Sciences department and the Future Educators Association are working with a corporation that sells these candles which are called Glow Candles.

The FACS department is selling them to help pay for the Minneapolis trip and any FACS students can help sell them, including Personal Finance classes.

School fundraisers have become increasingly popular for clubs and activities to help pay costly expenses that they wouldn’t have the money for otherwise.

Some students question whether or not candles are a good item to sell.

This is the first time junior Danielle Hayes is participating in this fundraiser and thinks it’s a good change-up in comparison to the TJ’s Pizza fundraiser or the cookie dough sales.

“I think candles are a great seller because everyone likes them and uses them,” Hayes said.

Also, apparently students can make money from selling the candles.

“Students make a dollar per candle and there’s a wide variety of different candles,” junior Michelle Cummings said.

If involved in the FACS department or FEA, students can pick up an order form from Mrs. Olsen or any other FACS teacher. The money, along with the order form, is due on May 2 in order to get the candles delivered in a reasonable time.

If someone is interested in potentially buying or selling Glow Candles, then make a visit to the FACS department for more specific information.