Students establish typical morning routines

As students move into second semester, seniors are more likely to be late and incur tardies.

Senioritis has influenced Bri Kitchell’s willingness to get out of bed each morning. She usually waits until the last minute to start getting ready.

Katie Greenwell shares the same practice. Because she has only four months left of high school, she said, “I would rather sleep in than look nice at school.”

Senioritis isn’t the only thing keeping the students of PHS wanting to stay in bed a little longer each morning – the cold has been affecting even sophomore morning routines.

Sophomore Max Spitzmiller said it takes him 15 minutes each morning to get ready.

“I spend most of that time in the shower because it’s so warm.”

Most teenagers hit the snooze button more than once, but how long does it really take the students at PHS to get ready each morning?

Kyle Baldwin, senior – “It takes me 20 minutes each morning. I spend most of that time in the shower.”

Jazmine Webber, junior – “After the 30 minutes it takes me to get out of bed, I can be ready in about a half an hour. I spend most of my time on my makeup.”

Tyler Rahn, freshman – “I spend around 45 minutes getting ready each morning before school.”

Jake Donaldson, senior – “It takes me around 15 minutes because of my shower.”

Madeline Yarnell, freshman – “On a normal day when I’m not dressing up, I can be up and out the door in 10 minutes. Picking out my clothes takes the most time.”

Aly Reyes, sophomore- “I always feel better when I dress nicely to school. So sadly, that means getting up earlier and spending more time getting ready each morning.”