Boys’ basketball loses to St. Mary’s 57-54 in the final game of the Vianney Invitational Tournament

Back to Article
Back to Article

Nathan Schiermeyer

Pattonville boys’ varsity basketball (0-3) lost 57-54 to the St. Mary’s Dragons (1-3) in the final game of the Vianney Invitation Tournament on Friday, Nov. 30.

These two teams were playing for seventh place out of the eight-team field. Pattonville was the seventh seed in the tournament and St. Mary’s was fourth. St. Mary’s struggled from the very beginning without their star guard Yuri Collins losing both of their games before playing Pattonville.

Pattonville’ senior guard Andre Webb led all scorers for the Pirates with 15 points shooting 7-for-11 from the field and 50 percent from the free throw line. Forward DeAndre James had 8 points with a perfect 3-for-3 from the field and 2-for-2 from the free throw. The Pirates improved on defensive rebounding racking up a total of 23 boards. Pattonville also had 8 turnovers which was the least amount that the entire team has had in the tournament.

Stats for St. Mary’s were not posted on the Post-Dispatch website but numbers were available for Pattonville.

Pattonville (0-3) next plays the St. Charles Pirates (3-1) at St. Charles on Dec. 4.

Final
Pattonville 54
St. Mary’s 57
Pattonville Pts FG 3FG FT FL
Andre Webb (#12, 5-10, Gua, Sr.) 15 7-11 0 1-2 1
Kellen Thames (6-0, Gua, Fr.) 14 4-6 2-4 0 0
DeAndre James (#55, 6-1, For, Sr.) 8 3-3 0 2-2 3
Levi Banks (#15, 5-9, Gua, So.) 6 2-4 0 2-3 3
Yohance Brown (#30, 6-0, For) 6 3-4 0 0 0
Monte Henderson (#20, 6-0, Gua, Jr.) 4 1-5 0 2-2 0
Markeal Lawrence (#35, 6-2, For, So.) 1 0 0 1-2 3
St. Mary’s
Individual stats Have not been reported.