International Club sells carnations for Valentine’s Day

Aliza Ahmed and Amna Saeed holding the Carnation Cards

The International Club sells cards and carnation flowers to students during the first week of February every year during lunches.

International Club members Aliza Ahmed and Rida Niazi said buying the cards and flowers makes other people happy during Valentine’s Day.

“It makes other people feel happy and it also helps the International Club because it’s a fundraiser for other things we do like Holi,” Ahmed said. “I’m really happy that so many people bought flowers this year and spreading the love”

The members pass out the purchased cards and flowers to people on Valentine’s Day.

Students are given the choice of different color flowers. A white flower is for friendship, a pink flower is for thinking of you, and a red ed flower represents love.

This year has been one of the biggest sales for International Club because they had more than 200 orders.

Sarah Johnson made a purchase for a friend.

“I got Megan Pace a red flower,” Johnson, “I love my best friend Megan and I thought it would be a nice gift to give her.”

Jarred McCormick also bought a card and flower.

“I got Anarely Gamino and Alex Noel white flowers because I want to show my friends my love for them and let them know how awesome they are.”

Another student is also supporting the International Club during their fundraiser.

“I got Wade Zagoren, Abbey Prinzi and Claire Willhite,” Amelia Khan said. “They mean so so much to me and deserve a lot in the world.”

Finally, Aleema Ahmed also bought one.

“I got Aliza Ahmed a red flower because I want to show my love to my sister by buying her a flower.”

All flowers will be delivered to students on Valentine’s Day.