DECA Sets Sights on Future Possibilities

On Wednesday, September 18, Pattonville High School’s chapter of DECA attended the Career Day at Busch Stadium with other schools. The students got to explore the different business, marketing, and sports marketing careers, and professionals also talked to the students about what type of careers interest them.

The students engaged in talking to the different colleges such as STLCC and Lindenwood University. Speakers talked about how they got where they are today, and then they gave the students advice.One of the speakers explained, “It takes a team to be successful whether your team is family or coworkers. Go after your passion and the money will follow.”

Professionals included Elliot Davis, reporter from Fox2 News; Robin Altuf, a commercial trafficking person for Fox2 News Midwest; Daniel Sweeney, department chair of sports management at Lindenwood; Dan Farrell, in charge of ticketing for the St. Louis Cardinals; and Jamie Sackman, who is in charge of human resources with the St. Louis Blues. After getting through the speakers and talking to the different colleges, the students also get to stay for the Cardinals game.

Mrs. Martinez enjoys the event every year, avowing, “It is a good experience for the students to hear the speakers that have so much success and have a fun day at Busch Stadium.”