TSA: Revitalized

Hayden Gust

TSA advisor Stephanie Carson presents a slideshow to students interested in TSA

The 2017-2018 school year was the last time that Pattonville High school’s chapter of TSA (Technological Student Association) was active; they participated in competitions such as drone building, and web design. The new computer science teacher, Stephanie Carson, decided to revitalize the program. On September 15, Pattonville’s TSA Chapter held its first meeting during contact time with eight members.

During the meeting, Carson outlined the competitions that students could participate in as a team or as a singular student. Students could participate in competitions such as a photography portfolio competition, drone building, web design, and making a solar-powered car.

The national conference will take place from June 28-July 2. The available competitions can be found here. In the past, our chapter of TSA has won the following awards: first place high school award for Software Development in 2016, and first place high school award in both Webmaster and Scientific Visualization categories in 2017.

In order to participate, members of the TSA must pay a membership due of 18 dollars, and must have taken or be taking an engineering course, Bio-medical course, or a computer science course.

TSA is still in its preliminary stages. Figuring out what competitions to involve themselves in and other things.

“Right now, it’s to grow membership, figure out who wants to actually be involved,” Carson said.

TSA held their second official meeting on Tuesday, October 18, 2022 after school. They discussed meeting dates and competitions. Those who wish to attend future meetings should bring their money or check to Mrs. Carson in B213.