The search for scholarships

With just two months left of senior year, and five months until most freshmen begin college, many college-bound Pattonville seniors are racing to prepare for the next chapter of their life. Preparing for college means visiting colleges, finding a roommate, buying supplies for the next year and, most importantly, making sure the school of their choice is affordable.

To insure that graduating seniors can pay for college, Pattonville does its best to provide students with many scholarship opportunities. The college center, located by the StuCo Store, has a box full of scholarship applications that seniors can look through and apply for.

Chris Aman, senior, plans to attend Truman State University in the fall. He visits the college center frequently to pick up scholarship applications. Aman says, “Scholarships are somewhat tedious but it’s good to get them accomplished early. The college center is a great place to look for scholarships and talk to Ms. K. about possible scholarships or if you just need some motivation.”

Senior Abby Prueitt also plans to attend Truman in the fall. Prueitt says, “I like the college center a lot! It puts a bunch of scholarships all in one place. Besides having only nation-wide scholarships, there are a lot of local scholarships and some are just for Pattonville students.”

For the most part, seniors are very thankful for the college center and the service that it provides. Senior year is already stressful, and anything that takes away stress can help ease minds. Senior Maysa Daoud says, “The scholarship drawer and huge calendar with college deadlines is so helpful in keeping up with scholarships! It takes some pressure off of having to stay on top of everything yourself.”

College Center