Caldwell plays hockey for a different school since Pattonville does not offer the sport

Nicole McDaniel, Writer

Aaron Caldwell plays hockey for

Plenty of high schools have a hockey team but Pattonville does not.

Two students that enjoy playing hockey have to play for different teams because the sport is not offered at Pattonville.

Freshman Aaron Caldwell is part of the Francis Howell North hockey team instead.

“Knowing that my brother played on the hockey team here when Pattonville still had one and knowing how much he enjoyed the experience, it’s definitely something that I wish I could be a part of,” Caldwell said. “I’d like to be able to represent my school instead of one that I don’t really have an affiliation with.”

The Pirates have not had a hockey team since 2013.

“I feel like it is taking away another activity that could bring students together,” Kyle Campbell (10) said. “I used to play hockey when I was in middle school but haven’t done it since.”

He said he would consider being a part of a Pirates team if the high school would offer the sport.

“I would join the team if there was one at Pattonville but unfortunately there isn’t,” Campbell said. “A lot of people enjoy playing hockey and watching hockey and would love to be a part of the team.”