Boys’ track finishes in 2nd place overall at 15th Annual Corey Siebert Invitational

J.P. Killian, Writer

Robert and Lucas Gibson hear the gun shot before starting the boys’ varsity 1600m race with other varsity racers at the Ladue Brusca/Strohbach Invitational.

With the season off to a fantastic start, both varsity and junior varsity track athletes headed to the 15th Annual Corey Siebert Invitational at Rockwood Summit, on April 14th at approximately 7:15 in the morning.

Although it was an early awakening, and everyone was exhausted, the race results ended up being amazing, leading to Pattonville boy’s varsity getting 2nd out of 22 teams.

First of all, Pattonville had plenty of amazing races, including the Pirates winning the varsity boys 4x100m with a time of 43.54 seconds, Jada Moore winning the varsity girls 400m race with a time of 60.11 seconds, and Dakari Streeter winning the shot put and discus.

With those results, junior varsity did good as well, getting 4th in the 4x800m, Cameron Woods getting 3rd in the JV 200m with a time of 24.31 seconds, and Jasmin Rosales getting 5th in the 1600m run

Overall, team placement wise, it was a success. Other than Patttonville varsity boys getting 2nd overall, both varsity girls and JV boys got 7th, and JV girls got 9th place

Other than participating in the Corey Siebert Invitational, these runners competed the following Saturday in the Ladue meet at Parkway Central, getting an overall men’s varsity 3rd place.

Some of these teams were from out of state, and it was a pretty outstanding accomplishment when plenty of Pattonville’s runners got medals and got top places in their heats and races.

Charles Shelton got 2nd in the 100m dash, Travis Tyler got 4th in the 200m dash and 3rd in the 400m, Robert Gibson got 5th in the 1600m, and both Derrick Boyce and Dakari Streeter finished in the top 2 for the boys’ javelin.

To check out more results from the Corey Siebert Invitational and Ladue Brusca/Strobach Invitational, check out the linked pages and find other results from the Pattonville team from other races.