Making history

“It was kinda weird, everything just fell into place,” Lori Cole said about how she became a teacher. “I realized I was happy teaching history during college.”

Cole graduated from high school in 1999, and in 2003, graduated from Southeast Missouri State University. She began teaching at Pattonville two years later in 2005. While she doesn’t have any single major influence, she did say “I owe a lot of credit to my family.”

Mrs. Cole teaches Modern World History, Honors Modern World History and Topics in Social Studies: Genocide.

She hasn’t always been a teacher, however, Mrs. Cole had an office job during the summer before working as a history teacher at Pattonville.

“The work was dreadfully boring and easy, it was one of those places where you sit down for 15 minutes and feel as if you’ve been there for an entire afternoon.”

Cole, along with her husband who is a software programmer, run the Robotics Club. The club will be going to State on Feb. 25and she said the kids in the club deserve the opportunity

Cole and her husband are expecting a baby girl this May, but have not released any information on the name, saying, “You’ll have to come back and find out next year.”

Mrs. Cole