Getting asked to homecoming is a fancy thing

1237108_516891211713835_462870481_n

As everyone is already aware, this year’s homecoming is on its way.

Oct. 12 sure seems far away, but it will be here sooner than you think. If you’re still looking for a way to ask someone, there are some pretty unique ways to be asked.

On Sept. 13, freshman Isabelle Garcia was asked in a very special way.

“He asked me if I would go to homecoming with him and then showed me the basketball he made for me,” Garcia said. “It was the cutest thing ever, and I said ‘Yes.’”

Freshman Hunter Voris decorated the basketball and presented it to Garcia when he asked.

“It was a surprise to me,” Garcia said.

Voris decided to do this because Garcia said she loves to play basketball.

Garcia said she is very excited for homecoming and is definitely looking forward to Spirit Week.

Her advice to people still looking to ask someone to the dance is “try and not be nervous about it.”

No matter how it’s done, asking someone to homecoming is one of the sweetest things ever.

The theme for homecoming is “Sailing Around The World.”

Garcia said she is excited to see how they will decorate the gym for the dance according to the theme.

The homecoming dance is Oct. 12 and tickets will be on sale from Sept. 30 to Oct. 3 in the gym lobby during all lunches for $10. All fines must be paid prior to getting tickets.