Freshman football hosts Ritenour in “The Big Game”

IMG_0161Pirates vs. Huskies. The biggest game of the year.

The Pattonville Pirates freshman football team will be hosting a home game against the Ritenour Huskies, Pattonville’s biggest rival, on Thursday, Sept. 25, at 4 p.m.

The highly anticipated Pattonville vs. Ritenour game has been the talk of the week with the freshman football team players.

The Pattonville Pirates have really improved since the start of their season. Their win-lose streak isn’t so good, 1-2, but their potential is really high as long as they fix a few problems.

In a recent interview with head coach Don Greco, this is what he had to say:

Q: “How has the freshman football team improved since the start of the season?”

“Well I think every week we have improved with our fundamentals of the game and what it taken to be successful.”

Q:  “What is a special quality that the team has? Rather it be speed, strength, focus, and so on.”

“ I think this team has shown a high level of commitment which I’m very pleased with.

Q: “How does this quality help get an edge over the other teams?” 

“Well, commitment allows you to improve, and to get better, in essence get better day in and day out”

Q: “What does the team need to improve on?”

“Well I think we are never going to be finished improving in any area, every day we go out there and work on blocking and tackling.”

Q: “How do you think the team will do for the remainder of the season if they continue to stay focused and committed?”

“Well I think we’re going to improve every week and be a better team every week, and as far as projecting wins and losses, I can’t do that, but I can project us to improve every week and to me that’s a true measure of success … to improve every week.”