A Relaxing Break For Our Hard Working Pattonville Teachers

Mrs. Richardson gets a massage during her plan period by Everest College’s chiropractic student Juanekee Griffen.

On February 21, 2012 Everest College students joined together with Bernstein Chiropractic at Pattonville High School to earn a few extra practical hours for their chiropractor program. “We have chosen several schools within a 10 to 15 mile radius of our office for students from Everest College to go to and gain a little more experience with massage therapy,” said Bernstein Chiropractic employee Dr. Sherri Hogendobler.

During the teachers’ plan periods at Pattonville High School they were allowed to join Bernstein Ciropractic in room B104 and enjoy peaceful music as well as a free massage from the Everest College students.

The 9 month Chiropractor program at Everest College consists of many hours in the classroom learning about different massage techniques as well as actually getting out there and practicing on people.

The hours they spend practicing on people count as “practical hours.” If they finish these as well as the in-class course then the students can take the national boards exam for massage therapy. If this is passed then they have permission by the state of Missouri to practice as a licensed massage therapist.