Nine things students enjoy about Winter Break, snow days

I’m bored…

Winter Break extended from 17 days to 18 days to 19 days and finally to 20 days for students in the Pattonville School District. With so many days away from school, students actually didn’t know what to do to stay entertained anymore.

In case more inclement weather comes and you find yourself trying to find something to do on a snow day, check out these nine ideas:

1. Sleeping In: Students enjoy not waking up at 6 a.m. for school each morning, being able to sleep until noon is nice.

2. No Responsibilities: Many students who do not have a job or other out-of-school responsibilities do not have to worry about doing any work or homework while on break.

3. Free Time: While students can wake up at noon on a Tuesday, nothing is stopping them from wrapping up in a blanket and watching Netflix all day.

4. Snow Shoveling: Many people can make very good money shoveling snow on driveways, sidewalks, etc., which is a great opportunity for students on break to make some extra money.

5. Work: Students who do have a job have more time to work and make money, as opposed to when school is in session. During the normal schedule, students have less time for work which is consumed by school, homework and after-school activities.

6. Friends and Family: Who wants to spend a break alone? Winter break and snow days are a great time to hang out with friends or catch up with relatives.

7. Holidays: Holidays such as Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa usually fall during winter break, and students enjoy spending time with their family (and who can forget getting presents?)

8. Food: Everyone knows holiday food is the best, and since most winter holidays fall during winter break, students love to stuff their face during their time off of school.

9. No Homework: Even though some teachers are secretly evil villains and give homework over winter break, after the first couple of days where students can get their homework out of the way, the rest of break is theirs and homework-free. But on a snow day, teachers could always say, “Check the Moodle.” Maybe the power will get knocked out too.