ANNOUNCEMENTS April 29, 2014

Announcements LogoSENIORS:  All Community Service hours for Graduation are due to the CSO by this Friday, May 2.

SENIORS:  If you are joining the military after Graduation, please see Mrs. Krohn in the CSO.

THE MATH HELP CENTER will be closed during testing this week and next week during the school day.  It will be open before school and after school.

CONTACT TIME MEETINGS FOR TODAY, APRIL 29:
THE INTERNATIONAL CLUB will meet in Ms. Fields’ room B107.
FRENCH CLUB WILL meet during Contact Time.
THERE’S A MANDATORY SAILING MEETING in room D112… we need to talk money and practice sessions.
THERE WILL BE A RHO KAPPA MEETING in the auditorium.
THE SCHOLAR BOWL TEAM will be meeting in D113 today at Contact Time to determine our schedule for the rest of the year.

STUDENTS IN 10TH – 12TH GRADES are eligible to take an online Personal Finance test on May 20.  Students, who pass the test with a 90% or higher, will not need to take the class.  Please bring a check for $20 to Mrs. Leonard, in the Guidance Office, by May 11 if you are interested.  

ALL STUDENTS INVOLVED IN THE MAKING OF “THE PALLADIN” ANIMATED MOVIE:  Please come to room G104 immediately after school today, April 29 for a brief but important informational meeting.

CURRENT STUCO MEMBERS AND THE NEW 2014-15 MEMBERS will meet today, April 29 in room B104 at 2:30.

BSAAC MEMBERS:  Please note the BSAAC Picnic is tomorrow, April 30 at 11:00am.  Please see Mrs. Edwards, room H214, if you have not received a field trip form.

ART CLUB AND GALLERY G LEADERSHIP will meet tomorrow, April 30 after school in G108.

ATTENTION:  THE FOOTBALL FAMILY NIGHT MEETING will be held tomorrow evening, April 30 at 6:30pm in the high school cafeteria for all students interested in playing high school football next school year.

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY:  Volunteers are needed this Saturday, May 3 from 9am-noon at the PHS pool for the Splash & Dash.  Come to the CSO if you can help.

ATTENTION ALL ATTENDANCE GAME WINNERS!  Next Monday, May 5, will be the kick on goal at the 4:30 PHS Varsity girls’ soccer game.  All attendance games winners are eligible to kick on goal for your choice of a $50 gift card.  You must show up at the game on Monday to get a chance to kick.  GOOD LUCK!

THIS WEEK’S WORD OF THE WEEK IS SUSTAINABLE (suh-STAY-nuh-buhl), which comes from the combination of three Latin root words:
Sub – meaning from below
Tenere – meaning hold
Abilis – meaning capable or able
So, literally, sustainable means capable of being held from below.  In modern language, we say able to be supported or maintained.

PIRATE CODE INCENTIVES APRIL 28-MAY 2:
Pirate Code Winner-$10 Chick-fil-A Gift Card
Attendance Games Winner-$10 STUCO Bucks

Remember the Pirate Code.  Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.  

COLLEGE REP. VISIT:  MISSISSIPPI STATE will be here today, April 29 at 10:00am.
To sign up and get a pass, please see Mrs. Patrick in the Guidance Office.  

THE SENIOR ART SHOW is currently on view and is available to the public every day after school in the Auditorium Lobby from 2:15-3:30.  Please, come out and see our talented artists!  The show runs thru Friday, May 16.

TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity Girls Track, home, vs. Parkway North at 3:30.
JV Girls Soccer, away, vs. Hazelwood Central at 4:00.
Freshman Girls Soccer, away, vs. McCluer North at 4:00.  CANCELLED
Varsity Baseball vs. Ritenour at BMAC (field 2) at 6:30.
JV Baseball, HOME, vs. Ritenour at 4:00.
Freshman Baseball, away, vs. Ft. Zumwalt West at 4:15.
Varsity Boys Tennis, home, vs. Riverview at 4:00.