Athlete of the Week: Bridget Davis

This summer the 2012 Olympics will began on Friday, June 27th. One traditional event many viewers look forward to watching is the track and field athletics. But if you don’t want to travel all the way to London to see some of your favorite athletes, you can just watch Pattonville track and field.

Pattonville has a great track and field squad with many highly talented people. This week we caught up with sophomore Bridget Davis and talked with one of Pattonville’s best Varsity athletes.

“I run and I’ve placed in the 4×4, the 4×2, 300 hurdles and the 100 hurdles” Davis said with a smile. “[I’ve won] a couple medals, a couple T-shirts, you know, things like that”

Although medals and T-shirts sound cool they’re not the only fun part about track.

“It’s a good feeling to be part of a team” stated Davis. “I enjoy the feeling of belonging, the adrenaline rush, the challenges, and it’s a big stress reliever, oh and it’s fun”.

Although it all may sound fun, not everything is fun and games when it comes to track and field.

“[The biggest challenge is] getting in shape, it hurts”, Davis emphasized. But one quote that comes to me is ‘Pain is weakness leaving the body’”

For those interested in joining track Davis has a few words of wisdom. “Definitely join track, it’s going to be a challenge but you can do it.”

For someone who’s only been running track for two years she has made some astonishing accomplishments. And who knows, maybe in 8 years we may see her in the 2020 Olympics.