How Pattonville students spent their snow days

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWith the two snow days last week on Thursday and Friday that brought inches and inches of snow, some students anxiously awaited a time when they could go sledding. Pattonville students traveled all over the area to find the best places to sled. Other students stayed inside and had movie marathons or slept in as late as they could.

Erica Riggs, senior, went sledding on the hill by Target’s parking lot on the Rock Road. She, as well as many other seniors, sledded there for hours. She says about the snow day, “Sledding in the blizzard was kind of rough at first with all the sleet hitting my face and it was really cold. It was my first snow day since sophomore year so it was nice to go and feel like a kid again.” Other Pattonville students traveled to Art Hill in Forest Park to sled, while some settled for hills in their neighborhoods.

Of the many students who stayed inside while it snowed was Jessica Davis, junior. Davis slept in and spent her snow day watching movies. Davis says, “I spent the majority of my snow days sleeping in and snuggling up in my blankets watching Netflix.”

For some, just not being at school was a satisfying enough way to spend their snow days. Junior Mariah Kirby watched movies all day and went sledding all night when Pattonville was called off. She said about the snow days, “They came at the right time. It was nice to have a break from school and spend quality time with friends.”

“Snow days are awesome every once in a while, but too many at once will mess up your schedule,” says senior Alex Wilson. Not all students were thrilled with the fact that they had two days off. Wilson was one of the people who would have rather had school. Wilson says that due dates for projects and homework are thrown off due to snow days and now teachers are trying to catch up, as well.

Whether the snow days were spent watching movies, playing in the snow, sledding, or sleeping in, most students enjoyed their days off.