ANNOUNCEMENTS Feb. 11, 2014

Announcements LogoPHYSICAL EXAMS are being offered this Thursday, February 13 from 4-6:30pm at Advanced Training and Rehab (12108 St. Charles Rock Road next to Deals).  Please sign up in the PHS Activities Office.  Cost is $25 cash or check payable to Advanced Training and Rehab.

AFTER-SCHOOL DETENTION will be held today, February 11, in the ISS room, G201.

IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF FEA AND YOU WANT TO ATTEND THE STATE FEA MEETING AND PARTICIPATE IN COMPETITION, please stop by room E210 for a short meeting after school today, February 11.

ATTENTION STUDENTS:  As we move along into second semester, please keep track of your attendance.  Good attendance is a critical part of being successful in school and in life.  In addition, students who do not attend school at a 90% rate will not park on the lot, attend prom or other dances, and are at risk of not earning credit for the semester.

LAST DAY FOR MYTIE DANCE TICKET SALES!  Sales were extended… and today, February 11 is the last day to purchase tickets.  Tickets are $5 for the dance or $8 if you also buy a Mr. PHS ticket.  Tickets can be purchased during all lunch sessions.  All fines must be paid and you must have 90% attendance.

ALL JUNIORS WHO ARE PLANNING ON APPLYING TO A 4-YEAR COLLEGE THIS FALL should take the April 12th ACT test.  The deadline to sign up is March 7th.  See Ms Kampschroeder in the College Center BEFORE school if you are eligible for a Fee Waiver.  

SENIORS:  Only 50 students have completed their FAFSA forms to date.  If you need Financial Aid to attend college in the fall, you MUST fill out this form online at www.fafsa.gov as soon as possible!  Sarah Fieser is in the College Center on Tuesdays from 8:15-2:30pm if you have any questions on the FAFSA.

STUDENTS INTERESTED IN EDUCATIONAL SUMMER PROGRAMS should check outwww.usummer.com for programs all over the country.

ALL VOICE ACTORS AND ANIMATORS INTERESTED IN WORKING ON THE ANIMATED FILM “THE PALLADIN”, please come to room G104 tomorrow, February 12 after school for a meeting.

ALL NHS MEMBERS:  There will be a meeting after school tomorrow in Mrs. Schwendemann’s room.  We will be discussing the brunch, Mr. PHS, and a whole bunch of upcoming point opportunities.  Be there and don’t be late.

JSU IS FRIENDS, FOOD, AND FUN!  Come to the JSU meeting this Thursday, February 13 right after school at 1:15pm. in Mrs. Greenberg’s room, D114, for FREE PIZZA and AWESOME CONVERSATION.  FRIENDS, FOOD, FUN – CHECK OUT JSU this Thursday.

STUDENTS:  Are you interested in finding more out about STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, andMath) careers?  A PHS graduate, that is currently working as an engineer at Boeing, will be here 1st and 2nd hours on Tuesday, February 18 discussing STEM careers.  There will also be a Saint Louis Community College representative discussing STEM classes and majors.  See Mrs. Mathis in B209 or H213 for a permission slip.

WANT TO GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY?  Key Club is sponsoring the Blood Drive this Friday, February 14.  You can sign up during all lunches through tomorrow.  You must be 17 or older (or 16 with a parental consent form) in order to donate blood.  Please consider helping someone today!

COLLEGE REP. VISITS:  MARYVILLE UNIVERSITY will be here tomorrow, February 12 at 9:30am.
To sign up and get a pass, please see Mrs. Patrick in the Guidance Office.  See the posted list in the Guidance Office for a complete listing of upcoming college rep. visits.

OPEN GYM FOR BOYS VOLLEYBALL is tomorrow night, February 12 from 6:00 – 7:30pm. in the upper gym.

T-SHIRTS TO BENEFIT THE ST. BALDRICK’S FOUNDATION are being sold through February 19.  Pattonville is trying to raise $20,000 to help fund vitally needed research for childhood cancers.  All t-shirt sales help us get closer to our goal.  Order forms are available in all offices and the STUCO store.  Return order forms with payment to Mrs. Kathriner in G108.  “BE BRAVE AND SHAVE PIRATE NATION”.

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY:  Rose Acres Carnival is looking for volunteers for Saturday, March 1 from 9:30am. – 4:30pm.    Many volunteers are needed to make this a successful event.  Sign up immediately in the CSO.

THE WORD OF THE WEEK IS PARADIGM (pear-ah-dime).  Some synonyms for paradigm are: model, pattern, example, and prototype.  The paradigm for the assignment was the Gettysburg Address.

PIRATE CODE INCENTIVES FEBRUARY 10-14
Weekly Winner – $5 Steak n Shake
Attendance Games Winner – $10 STUCO Bucks
WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY!!!!

Remember the Pirate Code.  Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.  

THIS YEAR’S POLAR PLUNGE IS ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22!  Raise at least $75 for Special Olympics Missouri, and take a dip into the freezing Creve Coeur Lake!  You can sign up during lunch this week, or go to http://somo.kintera.org/plungemh/pattonvillehighschool to join the school’s team.  Make a team with other participants by getting a team signup sheet in the STUCO Store.

WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR STUDENTS TO TEACH SWIM LESSONS to our Pattonville middle and elementary students at the Pattonville Aquatic Complex.  Classes begin March 3 and are held on Mondays and Wednesdays 3:45-5:30pm.  If interested, please email Patty Gould at [email protected]

TODAY’S ATHLETIC EVENTS:
Varsity Boys Basketball, away, against Francis Howell Central at 6:00pm.
JV Boys Basketball, away, against Francis Howell Central at 4:30.
Freshman Boys Basketball, home, against Ft. Zumwalt West at 5:30.
Freshman Girls Basketball, home, against Ft. Zumwalt West at 4:00.