March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012
The English ACT Review session will be held tonight in B113 from 6-8 pm.

Wrestling banquet is tonight at 5 pm in room G206.

There will be a Key Club meeting after school today in the cafeteria.

Want to be a member of Student Council?  Time is almost out!  Completed packets are due TODAY at the activities office.  Remember, Officer elections will be held on Wednesday, March 14, and the representative elections will take place on Friday, March 16.

Attention all STUCO members:  There will be a STUCO meeting tomorrow, March 6, in room B104 after school.  See everyone there!

Are you interested in being involved in the ONE-ACT PLAYS?  If so, pick up an informational packet outside room A213.  Auditions are next Monday and Tuesday.  See Ms. Corvera if you have any questions.

Interested in being a part of Pattonville High School Cheerleading? If so, please attend the informational parent meeting on March 6 at 6 pm in the high school cafeteria.  Tryouts will be held April 16-19 from 5:30-7 pm in the high school gym.

CFO/FCCLA – Caring for Others/Family, Career and Community Leader of America will hold a meeting Thursday, March 8 during contact time is room E203.  Refreshment will be served!  Pick up passes from Mrs. Borgmann in room E203.

NEW COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
Students interested in how our government works and helping local communities…ST. LOUIS COUNTRY ELECTION BOARD needs high school volunteers to help at poll sites.  Stop by the Community Service Office for more information.

BUTTERFLY HOUSE located at Faust Park on Olive needs volunteers for March Morpho Mania on the following dates:  
March 17 – 12:15 – 3:15
March 18 – 9:30-3:15 OR 12:15-3:15
March 25 – 12:15 – 3:15
Contact Jessica Deering, Volunteer Services at 636-530-0076 EXTENTION 12.

Attention fellow P-ville classmates:  Coming this March is The Artist In You.  This is an open mic night where the students and staff will perform.  Whether it’s dancing, singing, poetry and/or rapping, it’s the Artist In You that we want to see.  For more information, please contact Mrs. Brown to sign up and receive your tickets.  Tickets are available beginning March 1.  It’s FREE!  Yeah, that’s right…FREE!  We hope to see you there on March 13 at 6:30 in room A213.

All AP students planning on taking an AP Exam in May need to register at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/262575  This link can be found on the high school website.

Hey Pirates!  If you like McDonalds and if you want to support a good cause, please come to tomorrow night’s McTeachers Night at the McDonalds on Dorsett Road.  The plan is to “Green Out” McDonald’s tomorrow night from 4:00 – 8:00 PM with Pattonville students, parents, family and community members decked out in Pirate gear!  McDonalds will donate a percentage of sales for that 4-hour stretch to the Class of 2012 Graduation All-Night Party!  No flyers are needed to participate.  Just put on your Pirate gear and bring your friends and family to McDonalds for dinner.  Again, that’s tomorrow night.  See you there!

Students are reminded that due to Parent Teacher Conferences this week, there will be no after-school tutoring in the Library or Math Help Center on Wednesday and Thursday this week.

Remember the Pirate Code…Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.

Parent Teacher Conferences are March 7 (4:30-8 pm) and March 8 (4:30-7:30 pm).

EVENT RESULTS
Members of the PHS Orchestras performed this past weekend at the MSHSAA Solo and Ensemble Festival.  The following students received a rating of “Superior”, the highest possible rating:  Matthew Diller, Chris Aman, Katie Brown (2 events), Eric Bateman (2 events), Anjali Fernandes , Tara Lowry, Mitchell Clark, Kelly Jacobi, Paige Bateman. Kathy Ensor and Rachel Murphy.

At the district speech and debate tournament March 2-3, the Pirates qualified 5 students in five events for the MSHSAA state speech and debate tournament, to be held at Mizzou on April 20-21.  Representing PHS will be the policy debate team of Will Chaney and Brian Dufrenne (both sophomores), the public forum debate team of Jason Balk and Mario Khalil (both seniors), and junior Anjali Fernandes, who will not only compete in extemporaneous speaking and radio speaking, but also in Lincoln-Douglas debate, where she captured the district championship.  The team is coached by Linda Allen, Diane Gozdzialski, Kathleen O’Keefe, Don Schulte, and Randy Pierce.

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
Students interested in how our government works and helping local communities…ST. LOUIS COUNTY ELECTION BOARD needs high school volunteers to help at poll sites.  Stop by the Community Service Office for more information.

March 17 – 12:15 – 3:15
March 18 – 9:30-3:15 OR 12:15-3:15
March 25 – 12:15 – 3:15

Forest Releaf is an organization dedicated to planting trees and enriching communities.  They need volunteers to help plant trees and shrubs on Saturdays.  Workdays will take place March 10, 17, 24, and 31, April 7 and 14 from 8 am – 12 pm.  If you plan on volunteering, you need to call 314-533-5323 or stop by the Community Service Office for more information.

St. Louis Zoo offers many all year-round volunteer opportunities.  If interested sharing your love of animals and teaching kids about wildlife, nature and the zoo, stop by the Community Service Office for information.  You must be 15 years old.

St. Louis Audubon Society is sponsoring several volunteer events at Creve Coeur Park:
Saturday, March 24 from 9 am – 1 pm…Watershed clean up is the 4th Annual Confluence Trash Bash
Saturday, April 14 from 9 am – 1 pm…Honeysuckle removal 
For more information, stop by the Community Service Office.