Hall of Fame shows Pattonville greatness

The wall includes pictures of notable alumni and trophies and awards.
The wall includes pictures of notable alumni, trophies and awards.

Every day, thousands of students, teachers, parents and other visitors walk past the gym lobby at Pattonville High School. On the walls of the lobby sit hundreds of pictures, trophies, certificates and awards.

The trophies and awards range from championships in sports to recognition in other school activities. The pictures show former students that have accomplished something either while attending Pattonville or in the years following. This area is known as the Pattonville Hall of Fame.

Some of the famous faces on the wall include Scott Cooper, a former Major League Baseball player for the Cardinals, and Kent Ehrhardt, a meteorologist for KMOV news.

If you look over to the other side of the hall, you see trophies and awards for Pattonville teams and clubs including football and drill team.

The Hall of Fame is something that all people should notice and recognize as an importance to the Pattonville community.

“I walk through the lobby all throughout the day and yeah, I have noticed the wall before,” freshman Kaleeb Barnes said. “I spent some time looking at it one time.”

The wall is a nice source of school pride, especially when those who don’t attend Pattonville visit the school such as during sporting events.

“I think that the students are there because they did something great,” Barnes said.

And that’s just it; the wall shows just how great Pattonville High School truly is. So next time you are walking through the gym lobby, make sure to stop and just take a look at some of the pictures and other accolades students from the past have achieved.