Yearbook to feature videos only seen when using HP Reveal app

Follow the directions on this poster and test your connection by scanning the photo of the marching band.

The 2018 Pattonville yearbook is going beyond just the normal pages of the annual publication. This year’s edition is featuring videos that can only be seen when a reader uses the HP Reveal app on their phone or tablet.

“Our theme this year is And Beyond and we are literally going beyond the normal expectation of the yearbook,” yearbook adviser Mr. Brian Heyman said.

Students have been recording video from the marching band, sporting events, classroom activities and school dances and have been using the HP Reveal app to make it available in a traditional print publication.

“This is taking the yearbook to something that is very Harry Potter-ish,” Heyman said. “You hover your phone over pictures that are designed with a double stroke and they instantly come to life.”

Photos that are linked include the marching band playing the Fight Song and a photo of the Homecoming queen being announced.

“This is something really neat for the yearbook program and I can’t wait to see the reactions of students when they use it for the first time.”

Students should pre-download the app available on Apple and Android devices.

Yearbooks are still on sale at JostensYearbooks.com or students can purchase a yearbook with cash or check in Room B110 for $65.