Friday night’s performance of Hairspray canceled, rescheduled for Saturday at 2 p.m.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Aeeda Talukder, Reporter

Due to an early dismissal announced by the school district on Feb. 15 and all afternoon and evening activities being canceled, Friday night’s performance of Hairspray has been postponed. It has been rescheduled for Saturday at 2 p.m.

Due to inclement weather, school was released early and all afternoon and evening activities were canceled throughout the district. Tonight’s scheduled production of Hairspray is being rescheduled for 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 16. Anyone with tickets, including those in the 55+ Club, can use their tickets to attend the 2 p.m. performance on Saturday or exchange their tickets for any remaining show with available seating.

The Pirate Players are scheduled to also perform Hairspray on Saturday night at 7 p.m. and on Sunday at 2 p.m. Reserved tickets are $5 for students and $7 for adults.

Senior Alonna Gibson who plays Velma von Tussle said that before their show on Thursday, director Ms. Lara Corvera talked to the cast about a possible delay due to incoming weather.

“The cancellation is unfortunate but exciting,” Gibson said. “We now get to do two shows in one day and that has never happened at Pattonville.”

This is not the first time the theatre department had to postpone a show due to bad weather. Three years ago, the company had to postpone its final staging of  “Cinderella” from Sunday to Tuesday.

Unlike in 2016 when the musical was rescheduled to an open day, the Pirate Players will be performing their show twice in one day for the first time. This is a common practice on Broadway, but it is generally avoided for high schools.

The cast has performed the entire show and then gone back to fix little things during rehearsals, but they have never performed the show back-to-back like they will have to do on Saturday.

“It will be tough because we will have to be at school the entire day on Saturday, but it will be cool to be part of this experience,” Gibson said. “Hopefully we can keep our energy up throughout the second show.”

With Friday’s show rescheduled for Saturday at 2 p.m., other remaining options to see Hairspray include Saturday, Feb. 16, at 7 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 17, at 2 p.m.

Tickets that were purchased for Friday night will be honored for the show on Saturday at 2 p.m. or can be exchanged for any remaining show with available seating. Reserved tickets are $5 for students and $7 for adults. The box office will open 1 hour before showtime.

1 Comment

One Response to “Friday night’s performance of Hairspray canceled, rescheduled for Saturday at 2 p.m.”

1. Lara Corvera on February 18th, 2019 5:55 pm

Thanks, PattonvilleToday, for helping to spread the word! Pattonville Theatre has followed this procedure before, but not since 2008 when we did 2 shows on each Saturday & Sunday after we had ice on both Thursday and Friday during our run of Annie Get Your Gun!

• Friday night’s performance of Hairspray canceled, rescheduled for Saturday at 2 p.m.

News

Orchestra students qualify for State competition

News

SLIDESHOW Seniors win powderpuff game, beat juniors 14-0

Audio

PODCAST Pattonville en la Tarde Episodio 15

News

Powderpuff’s warm welcome isn’t supported by this year’s players

News

Students take field trip to The Boeing Company

News

Student Council members took the plunge

Deutschmann conducts musical for the final time, will retire at end of the year

News

Pattonville High School’s 2nd Annual Writers Week starts March 4

Mr. Triple A Terrell Henderson wins Mr. PHS 2019

News

African American Achievers Society puts on 3rd Annual Black History Performance