Bullying at school is a problem

Bullying is a huge problem from about 1st grade and on. Katelyn Leiweke, a freshman, says that high school is where she has noticed the most bullying. It’s only been three months for her here and even she has been bullied.

“I hear it a lot at lunch and in the morning before class.”

She said that it really sucks, because there isn’t anything you can do anymore since the bullies don’t care about their punishment. When Leiweke was bullied, she had only declined to go on a date, and in return the boy and his friends made fun of her and called her inappropriate names at lunch.

She thinks that the adults around us should talk to us more about it, show us videos or even explain real life stories about the victims. This way we will be more aware and not bully or talk to someone if you are bullied. It makes her really angry that anyone has the guts to say mean things about other people, even to their face.

Many victims try to be cool and get revenge against the bully or become really alone and secluded. Both are awful, and you should definitely talk to someone about getting bullied. You can even call bullying hotlines or email them for help now.

Her advice is that whenever a student notices someone getting picked on anywhere, online or at school, to report it. Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself and others, stand your ground.