Pride of Pattonville performs first full run of halftime show

The marching band sits in the stands during a football game at Pattonville Stadium.

By the end of the first full week of school, the Pride of Pattonville Marching Band had half of its entire show completed. Now, the majority of the show is learned.

“This will be my fourth year in the band,” head drum major Marissa Dickman said. “This is the most progress that we’ve made this soon into the season. It’s really amazing how much we’ve gotten done in such a short period of time.”

The marching band first performed its show called “The Jewel and the Dragon” at the Aug. 19 football game. Since Game 1, the group has had two weeks to work on its show before the Sept. 2 halftime performance.

Band director Mr. Dennis McFarland has been telling the band that it has been hard at work completing the other two parts of their show.

Taking more than a month to complete Movements 1 and 2 of their show, the band members were able to finish Movements 3 and 4 in just two weeks.

Besides performing on the field, the marching band also starred in a @phsTODAY Snapchat takeover on Friday, Sept. 2.

Beginning with practice in the morning, and ending with a review of the halftime show in the band room, Henry Behlmann took over the journalism account for Snapchat.

“I was extremely nervous taking over the Snapchat but as the day went on, it became easier to talk in front of the camera,” Behlmann said.

Follow @phsTODAY on Snapchat for more takeovers that will take place throughout the year by other groups.