Dodgeball tournament serves as competition, fundraiser

jacob-2
Jacob Reese is congratulated by his team after battling back for a victory during the dodgeball tournament.

The annual Dodgeball Tournament has been a tradition at Pattonville High School for 7 years, and not only is it an anticipated event for students to attend because it’s fun, but because it’s also a fundraiser.

“Student Council partners up with Special Olympics and the Polar Plunge and the money goes to these organizations,” student council sponsor and history teacher Ms. Heather Lopez said. “The money also gets donated to a family in need in the Pattonville School District.”

One of the highlights during the tournament was when “The Dodge-Father” team was down to just Jacob Reese and he had to take on six people alone. The rest of his team 11-person team was eliminated early in the match.

“In the moment it was really intense,” Reese said. “I had to focus so hard because they would try and throw all the balls at me at once hoping that it would throw me off my game.”

Reese was mobbed at the end of the game because he was able to end up winning that round.

“It was a hard fought battle, but I was really glad that I could pull through for my team and make them proud.”