Fox 2 News will broadcast Menards Pep Zone from Pattonville

Camden Kratz, Staff writer

Channel 2’s visit on Friday, Oct. 13, will mark the second time a news channel has visited Pattonville on a football game day. After winning an online poll in Week 2, Channel 5 broadcasted from the school at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. Frank Cusumano reported the news live from the stadium before the Pirates first game of the season with the cheerleaders, drill team and marching band.

Pattonville had one pep rally already scheduled for Friday. Now it has two.

This Friday morning, Channel 2 Prep Zone will be at the high school filming students and highlighting the homecoming game against Parkway North. The game kicks off at 7 p.m.

The first live shot will be at 6:55 a.m. and the final live shot will be held at 7:25 a.m., both will take place in the main gym.

Students will be dressed in their class colors for the final day of #phsSPIRIT Week and will return to the gym at 1:25 p.m. for the class competitions pep rally to conclude homecoming week.

Associate principal Mr. Bob Thompson said in an email that a selected number of students have been asked to take part in the first broadcast and that he anticipates more students to join the festivities at 7:25 a.m.

The announcement was made to the school on Wednesday morning, but the cheerleaders found out about this earlier than other students.

“We had practice on Tuesday, and afterward, our coach told us that we were invited to perform for Fox 2 News early on Friday morning,” Nicole McDaniel said.

Cheerleader Makayla Harden said the announcement was a surprise.

“Our coach got called and told us that we were were requested to come for the Pep Zone broadcast,” Harden said. “She told us to be there by 6:45 a.m. and to wear our P uniform and pink bow with pink poms and low pony tail.”

The spirit squad is excited to be a part of the broadcast.

“We aren’t excited about being there so early, but we are very excited to be there for the news and show them what we got.”

Last week’s Pep Zone took place at Northwest High School. Click the link to get an idea of what the Pep Zone rally will look like at Pattonville.

This live shot will only take a couple of minutes and students will be released from the gym to class no later than 7:30 a.m.