Study guide on how to prepare for finals

Students received their second grading period report cards during 2nd hour on Nov. 15. With only 18 weeks per semester, it means finals are right around the corner.

Finals are a test going over everything a student has learned in each class and it is a major part of their grade.

Students do not know how to study or prepare themselves for the final. But little do they know, there are many tips and a trick to getting that awesome grade every student wants.

Many students are stressed around final time, Andrea Gunn; a senior at Pattonville High School stated, “On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the highest stress level, I’d be a 7.”

But then she goes on to say, “But I try to do all the study guides and I go over them 3 days in advance for 30 minutes each night.”

Studying for finals is not always easy; everyone has their own way of doing things.

Dr. Janet Baldwin has a few tips though for what every student should do.

“You need to have an appropriate studying environment; no loud music, no distractions, just quiet,” Baldwin said. She then pauses to think, and she begins again, “You also can study out loud, it helps you out a lot. And so does getting a lot of sleep and eating a good breakfast. Plus y

ou need to try and get up early so you can be in your class before the final to study one last time before you take it so it’s fresh in your mind.”

She added, “It depends on how long someone studies on the subject and how much work is done in that class. For every class, everyone needs to start studying early and study the work after it’s given,” she said. “It’s good to study for each subject for about an hour.”

Finals for the fall semester start at the end of December before winter break