Rides, games and community service

Holy Spirit Carnival Point of View: Ferris Wheel
Holy Spirit Carnival 2013
Point of View: Ferris Wheel

It’s a place full of rides, games, music and food, and is an easy way for Pattonville students to earn community service.

Many students can be found there working either parking lot duty or the game booths.

Freshman Megan Volz was one of the many Pattonville students working at the annual Holy Spirit Carnival which was held Sept. 6-7.

The carnival is a fun place to earn community service, making it easy to earn anywhere from 2 to 6 hours in a day.

“Even after working, I still had plenty of time to hang out with friends and enjoy the carnival,” Volz said.

Even when she was working, she was having fun, and a lot of fellow students and friends worked with her.

“It’s a lot more fun to do community service with friends because it’s rewarding and you get to share the experience with people you know which makes it more memorable.”

Community service doesn’t always have to be a chore; working at a fun place like a carnival is never boring.

“We got to work with a lot of little kids because we worked at game booths, that was really fun.”

Volz said she had never worked there before this year, but plans on doing it again because it was fun.

Fifty hours of community service is needed to graduate from Pattonville, but meeting that requirement  can be enjoyable.

“Community service is important because it’s a great way to get to know your community and the people in it,” Volz stated. “Plus, it generally feels good to give back to the people around you.”