Club of the week: FEA

Pattonville students who are planning to become teachers in the future have a beneficial opportunity lying right in front of them. The Future Educators Association is the perfect way to get a glimpse into what being a teacher really involves.

The Future Educators Association is an international program, dedicated to preparing students for a career as a teacher someday.

Pattonville’s FEA provides each club member with a teacher who becomes his or her mentor. The mentor guides and assists the member as they prepare to assume their role as a teacher.

Guest speakers also give some insight into what it’s like to be a teacher. Teachers from around the school and administrators from the Learning Center come to speak at FEA meetings regularly, providing tips and advice.

Each year, FEA goes to Missouri’s state meeting, where FEA clubs from across the state join together to meet other members and share club ideas. This year, Pattonville’s Future Educators Association even made the trip to Baltimore, Md., for FEA’s national convention.

FEA meets on Thursdays during contact time in room B102. FACS teacher Pam Tesson currently sponsors FEA, with roughly 25 active members.

All prospective teachers should consider joining Pattonville’s club of the week.