PHS Announcements January 25, 2012

ACT Math Review is tonight from 6-8 pm in Room H208.

Art Club will meet after school today in G108.  New members are welcome.

COLLEGE REP VISITS NEXT WEEK… Sign up and get a pass in the Guidance Office.
Talent West Modeling    1/31    12:30
Northwest Missouri State        2/1     8:00
Missouri Tech College   2/2     9:00
Airline Academy 2/3     9:00

COMMUNITY SERVICE INFORMATION
Students:  When you do your service, remember to take your community service evaluation form.

HELP WANTED! Yearbook is still accepting applications for next year’s staff. You can pick up the form outside of Mr. Heyman’s room, B108.  Applications need to be submitted by Feb. 3. Turn yours in today!

Attention Juniors and Seniors:  If you are interested in joining the crew of Pirate TV for the 2012-2013 season, see Ms. Florence in the TV Studio on the bridge for more information, and an application.  Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to be considered.

Attention Seniors:  Long-Sleeve Class of 2012 T-Shirt order forms are due in Mr. Lammers’s Office by Friday, January 27.  The cost is $20 and extra order forms with an example of the design are available outside of Mr. Lammers’s office.  Order yours today!

Remember the Pirate Code…Be Respectful.  Be Responsible.  Be Involved.

Like the ROSE in her final drawing, Rachel’s tears have given us the opportunity to grow in our compassion, kindness and acceptance of others. Everyday we have an opportunity to show someone that they matter, to encourage someone not to give up and to let someone know that they are not alone. The CHAIN REACTION has begun and it’s time for everyone to notice the big and small acts of kindness that will change our school. Dream big, Believe in the impossible and Smile at everyone!  

TODAY’S EVENTS
Freshman Boys Basketball at home vs Hazelwood West, 4 pm
Girls Swim vs Hazelwood East & Westminster at Westminster, 4 pm
Freshman Girls Basketball at McCluer Tournament, 6 pm
JV Boys Basketball at Fort Zumwalt North Tournament, 7 pm
Varsity Boys Basketball at Fort Zumwalt North Tournament, 7:30 pm

COLLEGE REP VISITS
The following college representatives are scheduled to be in the College Center.  Sign up and get a pass in the Guidance Office.  For upcoming college rep visits, see the posted list in the Guidance Department.
Talent West Modeling    1/31    12:30
Missouri Tech College   2/2     9:00
Airline Academy 2/3     9:00
Paul Mitchel School     2/7     12:00
SIU-C   2/15    9:00
UMKC    3/27    9:00
Western IL Univ.        4/2     10:00

COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
11TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL ARTS FESTIVAL “CELEBRATE THE WORLD”, Sunday, February 26 from 12-5 pm located at Maryland Heights Centre is in need of volunteers.  Stop by the CSO for more information.  

St. Louis County Parks needs volunteers to help repair trails.   Stop by the Community Service Office for a list of dates of winter/spring volunteer projects.

Remington Fun Fair – Saturday, January 28 – Time:  10 am – 2 pm.  Need a lot of volunteers.  Stop by the Community Service Office to sign up.

Briar Crest Elementary is holding parent involvement events and need help with daycare.  Dates are February 8 6:45 – 8:15 pm; and April 18 6:45 – 8:15 pm…4-5 volunteers are needed.  Sign up in the CSO if interested.