Asics Gel Lyte V x Ronnie Fieg “Volcano” [REVIEW]

The sleek new silhouette of the Asics Gel Lyte V has taken the sneaker world by storm. The predecessor to the extremely popular Gel Lyte III, the GLV looks to become a huge hit with a few major colorways hitting retailers.

Ronnie Fieg is a popular fashion designer in New York who is widely known for his collaborations with Asics, New Balance, Sebago, and his clothing/footwear line in one of NY’s premier fashion shops, Kith NYC.

Fieg’s most recent Asics project, the ECP (East Coast Project) which featured two pairs of the Gel Lyte 3’s dressed in New York Knicks blue and orange for one pair, and Miami Dolphins green and orange for the other pair, sold out in seconds in Kith’s NYC shop and on their website.

As per tradition, Fieg also releases a clothing and apparel collection to go alongside his more popular collabs. Many matching items hit Kith’s website when the shoes release such as jackets, windbreakers, hats, backpacks and more, and there is a fiery collection dropping alongside the Volcanoes.

Fieg foreshadowed his new collab by posting teasers on his Instagram profile, and Asics has finally come out with the official images for the new project.

The Asics and Fieg product features very vibrant and bright red and orange dominating the sneaker. Rocking a white midsole, the entire shoe catches the eye and flows very well. Also, the Volcanoes sport the classic Kith style rope laces seen on many of Fieg’s past Asics collabs.

Read more about the Volcanoes from Fieg himself here, and look for the fiery fresh collection to hit Kith NYC locations and kithnyc.com at 11 a.m. Eastern time in very limited quantities on Friday, Oct. 25.

Photos from kicksonfire.com

[portfolio_slideshow]