Seniors lend their words of wisdom to fellow classmates

Graduation is quickly approaching. This year’s commencement will be held on May 26, 2016, at the Family Arena at 7 p.m. As the school year is coming to a close and the seniors wrap-up their past four years, they were asked to give their best advice to their fellow seniors and also to the underclassmen. Several seniors responded giving their best advice to both groups.

To the seniors: 

Anna Hale: “Don’t be afraid to grow and evolve. Who you were in high school doesn’t matter. Be who you actually want to be.”

Jada Alexander: “Always have hope in what you do.”

Dream Dennis: “Leave your IDs and drama behind.”

Rebecca Cook: “Be able to look toward your future with eagerness. Pick a life that is good for you and makes you happy, the rest will fall into place.”

Jessica Bailey: “It’s okay to be scared, but don’t let your fears control what you make of your future.”

Payton Davis: “Don’t let anyone crush your dreams or goals, maintain tunnel vision and get where you are meant to be.”

John Fish: “Don’t ever give up. Nothing is unattainable.”

Rachael Brockman: “Take it seriously. We are getting too old to be goofing around about our future careers and studies. Whatever you end up doing after high school, just take it seriously.”

Olivia Wilfong: “Make sure to pursue your dreams. No matter how silly they may seem, they will be important to someone.”

Tessa Stahlhut: “Never stop trying to do what you love. It’s not impossible, I promise, and if you keep striving for your passions, you will make it.”

Fatima Richards: “Stay true to who you are, take chances, and do something you’re afraid of every chance you get.”

Samantha Wright: “Remember the only limit on you is the one you put on yourself. Believe you can, and don’t let the ‘what ifs’ or ‘I can’ts’ get in the way.”

Chris Gawat: “Life shrinks and expands in direct proportion in your willingness to assume risk.”

Samantha Gockel: “Push forward no matter how hard it gets.”

Tyler Allen: “No matter what you do after graduation, do it to the fullest. Along with that, make sure it’s something you love and you’ll live a successful life.”

Sarah Murphy: “Be your own biggest fan! Love yourself!”

Matt Mellring: “Follow your dreams.”

To the underclassmen: 

Jordan Tucker: “Always go. When there’s something going on with your friends, always go. Whether it’s a night at home with friends watching movies and eating pizza or going out and being social, go. Because one day you won’t be surrounded with these same people. You’ll miss those nights.”

Cole Mansell: “Challenge yourself to find your limits, but make sure you leave time to actually enjoy high school.”

Kalekidan Yeshiwas: “Get involved early on, and don’t be afraid to take risks and try something new!”

Tea Williams: “Wear heelys to get to class faster.”

Nathalie Solorio: “Juniors: Write your college essays in the SUMMER!!!!! Make the most of these next 4 years, they go by faster than you can imagine. Cherish memories and be open to new things!”

Cameron Stillman: “Enjoy high school, time flies.”

Megan McGinty: “Working hard these four years is worth it in the long run, no matter how much it seems to suck now.”

Kristen Feldewerth: “Enjoy high school. They say high school goes by fast and they are right. You don’t realize all the great memories you have had in high school until you’re a senior, and it’s kind of scary.”

Azim Djuraev: “Stay focused and enjoy yourself.”

Katie Judson: “TURN BACK NOW, IT’S A TRICK KID!”

Olivia Kaercher: “Go to every football, basketball, baseball, and every other sports game. Go to every homecoming and every prom because they are limited and you will miss them when they’re over. Also, keeping up with your work now will make your life much easier when you get to senior year.”

Gabby Llamas: “You might feel like high school is taking years right now, but they are your best years and it will go by quick. Make every day count.”

Tamera Shelton: “Meet new people, get involved and stay focused.”

Robert Hays: “Always do your homework.”

Tony Perez: “Finish out strong. Graduating high school is a big thing.”

Aaya Qondah: “My best advice for the underclassmen is to focus on school. To work hard and to be involved. To ask teachers questions when you need the help. If you work hard and get good grades it’ll pay off in the future. It’ll help you for when you want to be successful and continue your journey after high school.”

Jeffrey Hart: “Incoming Freshmen: Stay on top of your work, it will catch up to you. Don’t try to be like the upperclassmen, wait for your turn. Future sophomores: If your freshman year wasn’t that great, now is the time to turn it around, don’t give up. If you did good your freshman year, keep it up and do even better! Future Juniors: You’ve made it this far, more than halfway. Keep going, this is arguably your most important year. This year will come with more distractions but focus on your school work first. Future seniors: This is it, one last hoorah. Don’t stop doing your work. Senioritis is tough, but you can beat it. Have fun. Make memories.”