KimCheese Restaurant Review

KimCheese is a small family restaurant that is located in Chesterfield on Olive Boulevard, just west of Woods Mill Road. It occupies the space of the former Dairy Queen.

The restaurant just opened about three months ago and is run by a local Korean family that has been in the restaurant business for many years, including owning a Korean restaurant in St. Ann.

The atmosphere inside is nice and rustic. The tables and benches are noticeably different colors and there is even a “community style” table that is very traditional, which holds small buckets of lollipops.

The menu is a mix of Asian inspired fast food favorites like tacos, hamburgers, fries, and salads, but this isn’t a typical American fast food restaurant. The menu also includes authentic Korean rice dishes that are very interesting options for people who like traditional Korean meals.

KimChi (from which the restaurant gets its name) is actually what one would call a dish of fermented (or pickled) vegetables. It is used in many of the dishes available on the menu. You can even get a side of it or add it to dishes that don’t already include it. It may not sound very appetizing but it really tastes a lot better than it sounds.

It was very quiet inside, besides a nice variety of music that was playing, and there weren’t many other people there, but surely if you were to go around lunch time there would be a much bigger crowd.

If you are interested in visiting KimCheese and trying their interesting food, it is suggested that you go and dine inside the restaurant. It is a fun little place and it is highly recommended.