Five Questions with Marissa Parhomski

photoThe St. Louis Blues hockey team is now out and going. Many Pattonville students and staff members are excited as ever to see their boys on the ice again ready to play. One student in particular is thrilled to the Blues back in action. Junior Marissa Parhomski was asked five questions about this season.

“What do you think about this season so far?”

“The season so far has been alright, we’ve hit a few bumps with [Jaroslav] Halak being hurt for a few games. I think that some players need to get adjusted to the new players and new lines.”

“What did you think about the lock out?’

“I think it took too long to make a deal. They should have made the deal before the season started, but I’m not complaining. I’m glad we got hockey back.”

“What do you think about the new boys this season?”

Vladimir Tarasenko had been great in his first NHL season, with 10 points in 12 games (as of Feb. 12). Wade Redden is a great addition because he knows the game having 13 seasons behind him. With Jaden Schwartz still very young and developing, I believe he will show his young talents in these next few years.”

“Who is your favorite player this season? Why?”

“My favorite player will always be T.J. Oshie, always have been, always will be no matter what. He is an all-around good player that has his up and down seasons, with 9 points in 12 games this season, and 184 points in 274 games in his career (4 years).

“What do you think about next year’s season?”

“I think next year will be the Blues year. This year they are going to find themselves and become stronger as a team and as individuals and make their year and win the Stanley Cup. Ken Hitchcock is a wonderful coach, and showed that during the 11-12 season by making the post-season his first season with the Blues.”