“Buckwild” star Shain Gandee found dead

Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 3.50.37 PMOn April 1, “Buckwild” star Shain Gandee was found dead, along with two other bodies, in a Ford Bronco at the end of a long dirt road in Sissonvile, Ky. TMZ reported that the three men died of carbon monoxide poisoning, and a West Virginia sheriff confirmed that information on Tuesday. Their deaths have been ruled accidental. One of the other casualties was Shain Gandee’s uncle, David Gandee, at age 48. The third body was identified late Monday as that of Donald Robert Myers, 27, another Sissonville area resident.

Friends told TMZ that Gandee’s family was having a hard time coming up with money for a funeral, so they were staging a charity “mud run”- an off-road competition- to help raise funds.

“Buckwild”, the half-hour series, which took up the old “Jersey Shore” time slot on MTV, was pulling in an average of 3 million viewers per episode since its premiere and was the No. 1 original cable series on Thursday nights among 12- to 34-year-olds.

According to Hollywood Life, MTV has shut down production of “Buckwild” and now the Mayor of the West Virginian town has called for MTV to cancel the hit show.

Sudents at Pattonville have watched “Buckwild” ever since the premiere and heard about the tragic death of Shain Gandee.

“I think Shain [Gandee] was a nice and funny guy,” Samantha Rose said. “It sucks he got in that accident and the show won’t be the same anymore.”

If the show isn’t going to be cancelled, Rose said she would still watch it, but not that much.

Zack Moutrie said, “I feel bad for his family but I’ve seen this talked about all over Twitter. People make such a big deal about Shain’s death when there are troops that are dying for us and no one knows about them.”

Fans of the show at Pattonville and all over the world are giving their thoughts and prayers to the Gandee family.