Pattonville choir spreads holiday cheer at airport

choir-2All of the Pattonville choir classes will travel to St. Louis International Airport and spread holiday cheer by caroling near the baggage claim.

The Boys’ Choir and Chamber Choir went on Thursday, Dec. 8, while both Girl’s Treble Choirs went on Friday, Dec. 9. The rest of the choir classes under the direction of Ms. Melynda Lamb are scheduled to sing this week.

Songs that the group sang included: Silent Night, Jingle Bells, Jolly Old St. Nicolas, Up on the House Top, Ding Dong Merrily on High, The Hanukah Song and many more.

“My favorite song to sing was Sleigh Ride,” senior Chloe Fisher said. “That song has been a part of my high school career since freshman year and that was the last time I’m ever going to sing it as a high schooler, which made it very sentimental.”

Not only is the choir at the airport to bring holiday cheer, but to raise money for “Carol for a Cause.”

Students are asking for donations through St. Louis Christmas Carols Association. All donations go to agencies serving children since 1911.

Singing didn’t hurt senior Jack McFarling, but the small can used to collect money did cause him some pain. After getting money, the students had to slide it through a very thin and sharp hole cut from metal.

“I ended up cutting my finger on the money collection can,” joked McFarling,

It actually happened two other times when Chamber Choir performed there on Thursday

“It only hurt for a second and it was really funny because our motto became ‘No pain, no gain.’”

[portfolio_slideshow id=21058]