Hustle and Heart Set us Apart: PHS Field Hockey Encourages New Blood

Elijah Davis
PHS Varsity Field Hockey faced off against UCity on 10-4.

New year, new experience, that’s the point of every season, getting better and improving your skill.
There are a lot of ways for a team to get better, whether it be individual training, team bonding, or getting new players with new skills or getting last year players to come back.
One of the returning players, senior Makenzie Heinz, is excited for a new year and has some goals for the team.
“My hope for this season is that all the new girls end up loving the sport and decide to keep playing,” Heinz said.
Heinz has been playing and enjoying field hockey since freshman year.
“I’ve played all four years and it’s been such a fun experience for me, so I hope the new girls decide to keep playing and get that same experience,” Heinz said.
Heinz enjoys playing and seeing the team grow and come together, and with this, she sees the strengths and bonds of the team.
“I’d say the strongest part of our team is how well we all get along,” Heinz said. “We all generally have fun at practices and at games and I think being close with your team is a big part of team success.”
The field hockey team expressed how they want to bond with each other and have fun while competing.
Last season, the varsity girls team went two wins and seven losses, but this creates a lot of room for improvement.
But through all of this, Heinz just wants to see the girls get together and have fun, but this also means she has to set some goals for herself.
“My goal for this season for the team is to have fun and improve our skills,” Heinz said.